Tuesday, March 26, 2013

No Buy February and March

Ever heard of a "No Buy" month?

In short, it's a term that has been circulating the blogging/Youtube community and it describes a month during which you will yourself to not buy unnecessary items. Most likely, these items mean makeup, clothes, shoes...a trip to CVS, Target...etc.

After reading and watching Jayme and Mendi from Her Late Night Cravings  discuss No Buy February on their Youtube channel and their blog I decided this was the perfect way for me to curb my crazy makeup spending habits. Not only did I start my February No Buy...I also made it part of Lent season.

Lent started on February 13th and will end on March 30th, the day before Easter, and I am happy to say I got through my makeup No Buy (with 5 days to go)!

Not only did I save LOTS of money, I also "shopped my own stash", another term I learned from Jayme and Mendi, and used up products that otherwise were just sitting in my drawers. As for the ladies of HLNC, you'll have to check out their posts on how successful they were.

Have you attempted or gotten through a No Buy month? Let me know in a comment below.

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Ana Maria! I struggled with this issue myself and what motivated me to curb my cosmetics spend was that I was collecting/hoarding many of the same thing. I don't need seven different kinds of black eyeliners, mascaras, etc. Not to mention, makeup expires! Now I try to finish a product before I buy another of its kind. Good luck - five days left! Any plans on a makeup treat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog, Ivi! It has made me so happy to shop my own stash and use up a product before beginning another. No plans on a makeup treat-yet. I may take a second look at the spring/summer collections though ;)

      Delete