Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Avoid flashback in photos

It's happened to most of us. We're out having a great time with our friends, decide to take some photos with flash, and BAM-your face shows up ghostly white in the photos. This is called "flashback". It happens when a camera flash reflects back the Titanium Dioxide found in SPF products, which helps block the sun's rays, but also leaves a white flash where your face is supposed to be.

If you are going out at night with friends and know you will be photographed, the easiest way to avoid flashback in photos is to wear foundation that does not contain a high level of SPF. Instead, use a liquid or cream foundation that provides even coverage suitable for your skin type.

My foundation of choice is the MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation. It is designed to provide a "flawless" look on camera, and provides excellent coverage for my skin type, so it's a no-brainer. However, I only use it when going out at night since it provides medium-full coverage and I prefer a lighter look during the day, especially for Spring.



I don't worry about using SPF during the day for photos because I rarely take photos and even so I prefer to wear sunscreen than go without. You can read more about why I wear SPF every day in my previous post.

Keep in mind that a good foundation is merely the base of photogenic makeup look. If you want to find out about other products that photograph well, I recommend watching one of my favorite bloggers and YouTubers, the RAEviewer, for her video tutorial on how to achieve a Photogenic Makeup Look.

Hope you're having a great Wednesday! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment