Monday, April 8, 2013

Changing Your Foundation For Spring

Spring is upon us, and the warm weather is finally making its way up to Boston. Just as I transition my wardrobe from heavier fabrics to lighter ones to stay cool, I also change my foundation to keep my skin comfortable in the changing temperatures.

During the winter months when the skin is exposed to harsh winds and low temperatures, a heavy foundation keeps it moisturized and even-toned. As the weather warms, a heavy foundation can make skin oily by trapping the moisture on the face, which can also lead to breakouts (cringe).

To prevent breakouts and to keep my face from melting off, I use a foundation with a lighter consistency. My pick of the moment is the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation. The liquid is light and easy to apply but also provides buildable coverage if I need it. I top it off with a translucent loose powder and call it a day.



To keep a fresh appearance and stay comfortable with the changing weather, consider which products will help your skin maintain its balance.

I want to know: which products are your "must-haves" for spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment